inputmode help

From: Laura Holmes <holmes@google.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:03:41 -0400
To: public-mobileok-checker <public-mobileok-checker@w3.org>
HI all,
I'm trying to create some unit tests for that include the inputmode value,
and I can't seem to get it to compile correctly. Is it because inputmode is
only part of XHTML Basic 1.1? My example source code is below, and if you
could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong I'd really appreciate it. If
it's properly formatted, meaning this is the form in which  the inputmode
attribute should appear, I can check the xslt test file and create more unit
tests for it, but I can't test until I know I'm using this attribute
correctly. Thanks!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML Basic 1.1//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml-basic11.dtd">
<form action="">
    UserID: <input inputmode="latin startUpper" type="text" name="user"
size="20" value="" />
    Password: <input type="password" name="password" size="20"/>
</form>

Cheers,
Laura