Getting started

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:49:56 +0100
To: public-mobileok-checker@w3.org

Hi Sean, Ruadhan,

I've seen you have subscribed to the list, so I'm starting the
discussions here; I guess the first question we need to look at is where
to put the code we'll be sharing? As I said before, W3C can host it in
its public CVS repository (visible http://dev.w3.org), in which case I
would need a public ssh2 key for each of the code contributors - we're
running CVS over ssh on this repository for write-access; of course, if
you prefer other hosting options (SourceForge, Google Code, ...), that's
fine with me - we just need to pick one.

The second question is of course whether we start from the existing code
behind Mr Dev or not - which I gather very much depends on whether mTLD
is ready to release that code; if so, I think that's probably the best
option since it is already java-based and that I understand there is a
preference with working in Java for this project. Ruadhan, do you have
any input on this question?