RE: Some draft code for mobileOK Basic Tests RI

Le mercredi 07 février 2007 à 06:08 -0500, Jo Rabin a écrit :
> OK so here are some explicit questions leading us down that path:
>
> 1) What work is there on an XMLized version of CSS and is there some
> code out there already that does this transform?

I know this has been explored, e.g. in:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2005Aug/0129
but I don't think there is a ready to use package for this.

Note that what we would really need for mobileOK is not "just" an XML
version of the CSS style sheet, but the results of applying the CSS
style sheet to the XHTML document. In other words, the XHTML document
would need to be annotated with the actual values of what the CSS does
to the document - maybe some XSL-FO applications can help for this?

> 2) What work is there on an XMLized version of HTTP headers,

The ERT WG as part of its work on EARL (a test results reporting
language, that would be relevant to us as well) is developing a
vocabulary to describe HTTP headers in RDF:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-HTTP-in-RDF-20061220/

> 3) What should the character encoding of the meta doc (and indeed the
> result doc) be, given that the input doc could be in any encoding?

A Unicode encoding would be appropriate, most likely; the main issue, as
Sean pointed out, is what to do when the input document is ill-formed,
ill-encoded, etc.

Dom