RE: Some draft code for mobileOK Basic Tests RI

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 14:30:12 +0100
To: Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi>
Cc: public-mobileok-checker@w3.org

Le mardi 06 février 2007 à 08:20 -0500, Jo Rabin a écrit :
> Am I reading too much into what you are saying? Are you suggesting that
> there is a pre-processing step that consists of:

> a) Tidy-ing the HTML and recording the errors from that tidy.
> b) Tidy-ing the CSS, recording the errors and transforming to some sort
> of CSS-XML
> c) [Tidy-ing the HTTP headers] Transforming to some kind of HTTP-XML
> (noting the work on HTTP in RDF).
> d) combine as a new input document.

Right, and possibly other pre-processing (images validation and
analysis, etc). That said, I think I was only paraphrasing what James
was proposing, rather than making a whole new proposition - but maybe
*I* read too much in what James was saying :)

> In this case I think James's idea ref XPath would work, perhaps in the
> context of an XSLT.
>
> So I guess a question is: could one define the mobileOK reference
> implementation as an XSLT, given sufficiently strict definition of the
> preceding steps?

Probably so, indeed; but I don't know if it is really that much cheaper
or easier to define "sufficiently strictly the preceding steps" than to
define sufficiently strictly a mobileOK reference implementation.