Re: Some draft code for mobileOK Basic Tests RI

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 13:37:58 +0100
To: Sean Owen <srowen@google.com>
Cc: James G Pearce <jpearce@mtld.mobi>, public-mobileok-checker@w3.org

Le lundi 05 février 2007 à 11:22 -0500, Sean Owen a écrit :
> You raise another good point, that unless we can get a DOM out of the
> document, most tests like this can't run. And lots of docs won't be
> well-formed.

FWIW, I've had to look at that problem for the checker, and my current
solution is to run the input through tidy when it isn't well-formed. For
various reasons, it doesn't work perfectly well in the checker, but I
think it may be a viable option for us. Tidy has a binding in java IIRC
(jtidy?).

There is other libraries that will try their best at making something
readable out of tag soup, including:
http://home.ccil.org/~cowan/XML/tagsoup/

(that one provides a SAX interface rather than a DOM tree apparently; as
it happens, I've written the checker based on SAX approach rather than a
DOM one)