Update -- bug fixes in

From: Sean Owen <srowen@google.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:37:35 -0500
To: public-mobileok-checker <public-mobileok-checker@w3.org>

Hi all, I made lots of small bug fixes recently, to address exceptions
and other rare-case NullPointerExceptions I encountered.

I also struggled for a long time to employ ProGuard, a Java optimizer,
to our libraries and code. It caused problems, and when they were
resolved, I could not achieve any measurable performance gain. So I
scrapped it. Performance is still iffy, but not bad.