Re: Preprocessor supported protocols

Guido García Bernardo wrote:

> I don't know what is the best way to solve it,
> maybe if we find ":" without the two slashes,
> we should reject the URI.

Maybe.  Why not simply parse it as outlined in STD 66,
and then decide what to do if there's no "authority"
(or if it's utter dubiuous like localhost or 127.0.0.1,
 or neither DNS name nor IP).

Nothing's wrong with mailto: per se, you can check its
syntax, but you can't follow it.  Similar cases could
be news: or xmpp:

As javascript: isn't a registered URI scheme it has
the decent charme of about:mozilla or mocha:blank ;-)

 Frank (actually only testing GMaNe write access)