Re: Ready to commit more code updates

On 4/19/07, Abel Rionda <abel.rionda@fundacionctic.org> wrote:
> The following questions and comments were raised:
>
> *The PreprocessorResult class should provide methods
>  for accessing included resources.(CSS and Images).
>  In general this class should have all the information
>  for the tests and for the construction of the
>  intermediate document?

Oh yeah it needs much much much more information. It's a placeholder now.
Jo has kindly agreed to sketch out what this document will look like.
Whatever it contains will be reflected in this class.

> * For image resources we made a generic class HTTPImageResource which provides the methods needed to implement our test case (GraphicsForSpacingTest).
> In particular we needed methods to get real measures and transparency.

Sounds good to me since we need a "GIF" subclass too. Change
HTTPJPEGResource to extend this new class then?

> * GraphicsForSpacingTest just uses the information in the PreprocessorResult to fulfil the test. Other tests will supply information to include in the intermediate document. Should this info added to the PreprocessorResult object or managed separately until we construct the intermediate document?

It should go into the intermediate/preprocessor document. That's the
idea, that all the tests are based only on this information. Jo can
speak to what should appear in that document.

> The relationship between PreprocessorResult-TestContext-IntermediateDocument is in an early stage and we must put our efforts on it.

I deleted TestContext since PreprocessorResult took over its role
really. PreprocessorResult is the Java representation of the
preprocessor document / intermediate document, however you want to
call it. Yes, this needs a great deal of work and the code won't
really stabilize until this piece is clear. We're going to need to
coordinate closely on how to structure this object and build it.

It's going to be even more hard since PreprocessorResult needs to
record a lot of info and warnings for the TestResults too.

Thanks!
Sean