Re: Self-introduction

Hi Nacho,

Thanks for kickstarting the discussions!

Le jeudi 20 septembre 2012 à 16:12 +0200, Ignacio Marin a écrit :
> After this intro, it is time to start with some action. The first
> action may be members introducing themselves and commenting their
> expectations about this Community Group.

I'm Dominique Hazael-Massieux, I work for W3C where I supervise the
mobile-related work in W3C, and act as Staff Contact for the Web
Real-Time Communication and the Device APIs Working Groups.

Prior to that, I too was involved in the Mobile Web Best Practices
Working Group, where discussions on overlap between WCAG and the Best
Practices was discussed a number of times.

I also edit a quarterly-released overview of mobile-relevant
specifications in development at W3C:
http://www.w3.org/Mobile/mobile-web-app-state/ which touches on
accessibility.

I joined this group to learn more about where we are in accessibility on
mobile, what needs to happen. I have also a personal interest in
understanding where mobile browsers stand in implementing some of the
accessibility specs, in particular WAI ARIA (on which I have found only
very limited information so far).

If we do get people to react to these introduction messages :), I think
it would be useful to find someone interested in animating the
discussions and maybe writing up a somewhat more formal description of
our work to ensure productive work.

Dom