Re: Two new W3C Standards for the Mobile Web

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:39:53 +0100
To: sally@ecommerce-land.com
Cc: public-mobile-dev@w3.org

Hi Sally,

Le lundi 12 janvier 2009 à 11:33 -0500, sally@ecommerce-land.com a
écrit :
> I have checked my site with the help of the W3C mobileOK checker and I
> am surprised the site has 11 warnings!
> I suppose, all the marks are quite true. But I'm curious to know more
> about the algorythm of work of this checker. Where can I find more
> information about its development?

The checker analyses pages based on the mobileOK recommendation:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-mobileOK-basic10-tests-20081208/
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-mobileOK-20081117/

mobileOK itself is based on tests derived from the Mobile Web Best
Practices:
http://www.w3.org/TR/mobile-bp/

When you refer to 11 warnings, I suppose you're referring to:
http://validator.w3.org/mobile/?docAddr=http%3A%2F%
2Fwww.ecommerce-land.com&view=cat

More than the warnings, you should focus on the errors (highlighted with
the white-on-red x) - most of them are hopefully well-explained in the
output of the checker itself, but should you have any questions on them,
please feel free to ask about them on this list.

Regards,

Dom