Re: Wanted: Implementations of slider controls with fallback for 2.5.1 Pointer Gestures, drag-and-drop for 2.5.2 Pointer Cancellation

Hi Patrick
Well, some-thing is better than no-thing :)
So yes, thanks, that would be great starting point - and of course I'd
be still curious for stuff in-the-wild.
Best, Detlev

Am 02.03.2018 um 18:11 schrieb Patrick H. Lauke:
> On 02/03/2018 16:49, Detlev Fischer (TK) wrote:
>> For successful implementations of Pointer Gestures I am looking for
>> in-the-wild implementations of sliders that have pointer fallback.
>>
>> The idea is to show that dragging can be implemnented but there are
>> fallbacks (buttons to increment / decrement the value, other options
>> like number input, and of course tapping/klicking the groove to set
>> the position. I remembered the Paciello ARIA slider examples
>> http://files.paciellogroup.com/blogmisc/samples/aria/slider/ but it
>> seems they are actually not draggable with touch (still pointer
>> operable, if not in a fine-grained way).
>>
>> Does anyone know of examples where operation of web content involves
>> dragging, and there is a fallback that can be operated with  single
>> point activation?
>
> Would a codepen of an example implementation be sufficient? I have a
> collection of pens showing how to move from mouse-driven slider to
> mouse+touch all the way to mouse+touch events+pointer events. At the
> moment, I haven't got an example of how to make it also work
> single-pointer, but can make up a new variant for it. Authoritative
> enough to point to? (current collection here
> https://codepen.io/collection/AOyMpJ/)

Detlev Fischer PhD
Testkreis
http://testkreis.de