Re: Wanted: Implementations of slider controls with fallback for 2.5.1 Pointer Gestures, drag-and-drop for 2.5.2 Pointer Cancellation

On 02/03/2018 16:49, Detlev Fischer (TK) wrote:
> For successful implementations of Pointer Gestures I am looking for
> in-the-wild implementations of sliders that have pointer fallback.
>
> The idea is to show that dragging can be implemnented but there are
> fallbacks (buttons to increment / decrement the value, other options
> like number input, and of course tapping/klicking the groove to set the
> position. I remembered the Paciello ARIA slider examples
> http://files.paciellogroup.com/blogmisc/samples/aria/slider/ but it
> seems they are actually not draggable with touch (still pointer
> operable, if not in a fine-grained way).
>
> Does anyone know of examples where operation of web content involves
> dragging, and there is a fallback that can be operated with  single
> point activation?

Would a codepen of an example implementation be sufficient? I have a
collection of pens showing how to move from mouse-driven slider to
mouse+touch all the way to mouse+touch events+pointer events. At the
moment, I haven't got an example of how to make it also work
single-pointer, but can make up a new variant for it. Authoritative
enough to point to? (current collection here
https://codepen.io/collection/AOyMpJ/)