Re: MATF Minutes 25 January 2018

On 26/01/2018 13:12, Detlev Fischer (TK) wrote:
> My understanding was that the user agent control exception was mainly
> meant to cover elements that are not affected by CSS styling so cannot
> meet the target requirement without hacks, i.e., the inputs of type
> radio and type checkbox.

So instead of "is not modified by the author" it should have read
"cannot be modified by the author"?

And even with this interpretation, note that while radios/checkboxes are
indeed examples of controls that are oddly resilient to regular styling
(as browsers often use either OS-own UI components, or their own special
built-in replaced controls), they are not wholly unstylable. See for
instance https://codepen.io/patrickhlauke/pen/opKerg (uses CSS transform
on a container, which then results in checkboxes and radio buttons
scaling up natively as well).

Senior Accessibility Engineer
The Paciello Group
https://www.paciellogroup.com
A VFO™ Company http://www.vfo-group.com/
--
This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the