RE: Single key shortcuts

Ø  Single character shortcut: Mechanism added to the content which triggers a control using only one character on the keyboard (such as ACCESSKEY in HTML)

It is my experience that to use accesskeys on most systems you also have to press one or more modifier keystrokes.

Jonathan

From: David MacDonald [mailto:david100@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2017 4:51 PM
To: public-mobile-a11y-tf@w3.org; kim@redstartsystems.com
Subject: Single key shortcuts

I think we can reword the single key shortcut one which captures everything.

- Single character shortcuts are not the only way activate a control unless a mechanism is available to turn them off or remap them to shortcuts with two or more characters.

​We can define single key shortcuts as something like:

Single character shortcut: Mechanism added to the content which triggers a control using only one character on the keyboard (such as ACCESSKEY in HTML)

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.

Tel:  613.235.4902