Re: Is our non-interference proposal already covered in WCAG COnformance Requirement 5

On 05/11/2016 14:25, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> On 05/11/2016 10:15, David MacDonald wrote:
>> I've been looking at the non-interference  proposal,
>>
>> https://github.com/chriscm2006/Mobile-A11y-Extension/blob/d9ecc74431ee5bef084b51256468838b1d9a773a/SCs/m14.md
>>
>> <https://github.com/chriscm2006/Mobile-A11y-Extension/blob/d9ecc74431ee5bef084b51256468838b1d9a773a/SCs/m14.md>
>>

>> it appears we may cover this in WCAG 2 in the conformance requirements.
>>
>> https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#cc5 <https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#cc5>
>
> For the touch scenario (where a native app can completely override Touch
> AT's gesture recognition), this is arguably covered by

Further, in the case of say a role="application" being indiscriminately
(which then stops most AT functionality like reading keys, quick
navigation keys, etc), arguably this clause 5 passes (as a keyboard+AT
user can theoretically still use TAB/SHIFT+TAB to navigate around/out of
the application section (so it also passes the high-level keyboard focus
SC too), but AT functionality is nonetheless impeded.

So perhaps clause 5 doesn't *completely* cover these cases, currently?