From: David MacDonald
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 12:14 PM
To: public-mobile-a11y-tf@w3.org
Subject: Re: Device manipulation

I've updated the device manipulation success criteria based on our conversations today.

2.6.1 [Proposed New MOBILE Success Criteria] Device manipulation: When device manipulation gestures are provided, a mechanism is available to operate these functions via touch, except where the underlying function requires input that depends on the path or pressure of the user's movement and not just the endpoints or touch location (Level AA)

Note: see also separate keyboard requirements in 2.1.1
Device manipulation (Defn)
Moving or controlling the device with hands, body or machine. Device manipulation includes other methods of controlling input to the mobile device outside of using the touch screen. This includes: pressing a physical button on the device, shaking, holding, proximity, touch, walking, angle of holding, input via the accelerometer, <add>force of touch</add> etc. Gestures to the camera and voice input to the microphone are addressed separately.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.
Tel:  613.235.4902