Re: New SC relating to notifications of content change (was Re: Some thinking around the orientation discussion)

> E.g. You are in a product page or search results page on an ecommerce site, select ‘add to basket’, which updates a widget in the header.

My initial thought is this is feedback for a user initiated activity  - and currently is not covered under WCAG.   This is similar to something we discussed previously
In the mobile TF as it relates to BBC guideline.

There is always a balance between between too much or too little feedback.   On desktop the user is generally sure when they press enter on something that is accessible the corresponding action will occur.  On mobile touch interactions in my experience are more error propose and thus feedback on mobile might be more necessary to provide cofodentce in the user's selection.

Jonathan

Sent from my iPhone