RE: New SC relating to notifications of content change (was Re: Some thinking around the orientation discussion)

Indeed it is vague, but it's also developing in the right direction.

I think SC 4.1.2 is narrower than it should be due to the definition of "user interface components". Nevertheless, the requirement to provide notification of changes to assistive technologies is not restricted to the component which currently has focus; updates elsewhere in the content also qualify.

Thank you for your compliance.