RE: Issue of the new Success Criterion 2.5.3 vs. WCAG 3.2.1

> After mulling over the original issue of being able to bail out of a tap/activation (when AT is *not* active, which I believe was part of the original intent), I did some minor re-testing of certain event behaviors, and it seems that things have changed subtly in recent months with regards to event sequences fired and the automatic capture

I would agree that we need to qualify this very carefully.  You are correct that there are interactions such as drag and drop, sliders, etc. where the touch start location is very important.  Then there are buttons and links that -- aside from things like piano keys and swype keyboards we would want touch on end.  But we'd have to allow exceptions for controls where there is a need for immediate activation on touch start.

Jonathan