Re: Conforming alternative for mobile should not be Desktop

>>>(Q: do we make as a conformance condition that in a use-case like this,
both"views" must meet the same conformance level? i.e. a "mobile" (sorry
Patrick) site that claims conformance to WCAG 2.1 by, in part, relying on
pointing to WCAG 2.0-only content, explicitly does NOT meet WCAG 2.1
conformance. Seems obvious, but should we document that somewhere?)

BINGO! That is ALL this entire thread is about. And yes it is about 2.1.

If this conforming alternative language gets into 2.1 without the
amendments I'm proposing (or some other way to fix it), NOTHING that is
sent specifically to Mobile view has to conform, if another "conforming
alternative" can be accessibility found on the page.

So say I'm blind, with a bit of vision, I'm in Walmart, and want to look up
a product, pull out my phone go to the site... it serves up the mobile
view. The search field, and hamburger menu don't work, so I can't do
anything on this page ... so I go looking for a link to the desktop view,
hoping that view conforms. 5 minutes gone... get to desktop view on my
mobile device, let's assume it conforms to the new shiny WCAG 2.1,  I still
have a lousy experience, because they didn't optimize it for mobile. Big
images suck up my bandwidth, costing me more money that other users, tons
of content to swipe through, thick mega menu, I have no keyboard so I'm
using the rotor to sift through the big site with all kinds of extra
content. I'm outside, I'm on the go, just trying to look something up.

This is ALL I want to solve.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*