Re: [WebAIM] Color of link text

On 11/07/2016 17:01, David MacDonald wrote:
> If we are talking about distinguishing link text from static text, the
> technique basically says "if you provide sufficient contrast with the
> background and sufficient contrast between the link and the static, and
> do some hover things you can get an exemption from using color alone on
> page load because you have sufficient contrast a person who is color
> blind will most likely be able to distinguish the link text from the
> contrast change."

Eric's codepen http://codepen.io/yatil/full/NAakoA/ is a perfect example
of this - it passes the "there text and links have sufficient contrast
with the background, and a 3:1 contrast with each other" loophole, and
still as a sighted mouse user with normal color vision I was left
completely baffled and unable to find the links in amongst the text. For
this reason, I think the technique and the loophole it currently
provides is not in the interest even of mouse users - the fact that it
won't work for touchscreen users either is possibly the last nail in the
coffin for it.