Re: FW: [WebAIM] Color of link text

On 10/07/2016 16:53, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> In short, I'd say we should add a note to G183 saying that it does NOT
> apply to touchscreen input (without AT), since there's generally no
> concept of hover for touchscreen devices, and that focus is applied only
> after the user initiated an interaction/activation.

Sorry, missed out half of my thought and sent off the last email
prematurely. Here goes...

I think Guy's proposal of simply forcing underlines is a very facile
approach. WCAG shouldn't (and couldn't) mandate any particular approach.
The point is that links/actionable items need to be distinguishable, AND
that G183 (which provides a loophole to lessen the requirement when it's
purely about color contrast) simply can't be used on mobile. But the
answer isn't to mandate a particular presentation, but to stress that
some other form of distinction needs to be used.

I'm assuming this would fall under

"[Proposed New MOBILE Guideline] Guideline 3.5 Make interactive elements
distinguishable
3.5.1 Triggers Distinguishable: Elements that trigger changes should be
sufficiently distinct to be clearly distinguishable from non-actionable
elements (content, status information, etc). [MOBILE]"

https://w3c.github.io/Mobile-A11y-Extension/