Re: Should we require all functionality to be operable with pointer?

A further thought on this (and then I'll leave all of these discussions
alone for a bit): combining the thinking here with the thinking in the
other thread about "keyboard", here's a crazy idea; new/replaced
Guidelines 2.1 and related SCs that talk about, in very general terms,
content/applications that need to work across all
accessibility-supported input modalities, and techniques (for HTML) that
then relate to using device/input agnostic event handlers as one
solution, another technique showing how device-specific event handlers
can be used as long as they're all double/triped up (so you'd register
mouse*, key*, touch* etc handlers). Exceptions for content that relies
on very specific input modalities, where the specific input type is
essential to the activity...