Re: Jonathan's concern: Zoom in responsive drops content

Why not use the essential exception from 1.4.5? Or some variation of it...
would its presence in WCAG not be a precedent?

"... unless a particular presentation of text is essential to the
information being conveyed."

WCAG dfn... Essential: if removed, would fundamentally change the
information or functionality of the content, and information and
functionality cannot be achieved in another way that would conform

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*
Tel:  613.235.4902