Re: MATF Minutes 18 February 2016

On 21/02/2016 19:48, Jonathan Avila wrote:
> I've been told about situations where there was a carousel with
> endless items in it and they were all swippable in the focus order
 > and the screen reader user was instructed to use the explore by touch
 > feature to touch below the carousel to get past it.  Thus, I think
 > this situation is possible although hopefully not common.

"Swipeable in the focus order" doesn't sound like the sort of
touch/swipe gesture the group is concerned here, though? It sounds more
like the carousel functionality here is tied to a focus event (which
then probably appends the first slide back to the end of the carousel,
so it keeps going around the same set), rather than detecting a swipe
left/right.

It would be good to get an actual reduced test-case or URL to assess
this properly (presumably, that sort of carousel would also fail for
desktop/keyboard users, so not really related to touchscreen?)

> An unrelated but common keyboard trap can also occur with form
> validation.

Example?