RE: Question on Active state styling for links

> As Jeanne put it: "Is there a particular value in providing alternative styling for :active links in the mobile environment? That is, when the link is touched or clicked that there is a visible change in appearance."

Yes, as I said in my first response and as Kim reaffirmed there is value in that feedback.  It's a common native app paradigm for an interactive element to change when you touch it.  For example, on my iPhone when I touch a home screen icon it gets darker letting me know that I did indeed activate it to launch the app.  This is especially helpful in situations where there is no other immediate response and you have that visual feedback to know that your touch was at least acknowledged.  As I said before in my opinion it doesn't appear to be a current WCAG failure -- but yes IMO it has value.  I think this is evidenced by the touch state properties that exist in the mobile platforms.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer