RE: SC's or techniques on Force and duration

I like that but I think we should collect some examples of where this would apply and examples of where this is an issue.

Thanks!
Kathy

From: David MacDonald [mailto:david100@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2015 10:33 AM
To: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>
Cc: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>; public-mobile-a11y-tf@w3.org
Subject: Re: SC's or techniques on Force and duration

ā€‹2.5.3 Single Taps and Long Presses Revocable: Interface elements that require a single tap or a long press as input will only trigger the corresponding event when the finger is lifted inside that element unless their is a means of confirming before triggering the event, or the event can be reversed (Level A) ā€‹

ā€‹Iā€‹ think drag and drop should be reversible. If others agree, then perhaps the language of the proposal will work, given that the drag and drop can be revocable. We could articulate that in the understanding with a sentence such as "drag and drop events that can be reversed would be an example of a revocable event"

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.
Tel:  613.235.4902

LinkedIn

twitter.com/davidmacd<http://twitter.com/davidmacd>

GitHub<https://github.com/DavidMacDonald>

www.Can-Adapt.com<http://www.can-adapt.com/>

  Adapting the web to all users
            Including those with disabilities

If you are not the intended recipient, please review our privacy policy<http://www.davidmacd.com/disclaimer.html>

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 9:00 PM, Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com<mailto:jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>> wrote:

>  2.5.3 Single Taps and Long Presses Revocable: Interface elements that require a single tap or a long press as input will only trigger the corresponding event when the finger is lifted inside that element unless their is a means of confirming before triggering the event, or the event can be reversed (Level

This is similar to what we discussed on the call last week and we also discussed having an exception for drag and drop.

Perhaps Patrick can point us to some examples where the platform acts on the touch so we might understand the scenarios where this is needed.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer