Re: Rough draft of some success criteria for a extension guideline "Touch accessible"

On 13/08/2015 19:06, David MacDonald wrote:
>  >2.5.1 Touch: All functionality of the content is operable through
> touch gestures. (Level A)
>
> Suggested friendly amendment:
>
> 2.5.1 Touch: All functionality of the content is operable through touch
> gestures with and without system assistive technology activated. (Level A)
>
> I think this will address my concern that often touch gestures don't
> work when VoiceOver is activated.

As it's not possible to recognise gestures when VoiceOver is enabled, as
VO intercepts gestures for its own purposes (similar to how desktop AT
intercept key presses) unless the user explicitly uses a pass-through
gesture, does this imply that interfaces need to be made to also work
just with an activation/double-tap ? i.e., does double-tap count in this
context as a "gesture"? If not, it's not technically possible for web
pages to force pass-through (no equivalent to role="application" for
desktop/keyboard handling)...