*From:* Richards, Jan [mailto:jrichards@ocadu.ca]
*Sent:* Friday, June 06, 2014 11:18 AM
*To:* public-mobile-a11y-tf@w3.org
*Subject:* RE: Minutes from 6th June 2014 MATF call

Hi all,

On the call, I mentioned mechanisms by which user agents can convey user
preference information to web content that may be listening (e.g. a video
player).

The mechanism is "media-queries". Currently, the accessibility-related
items that can be queried are fairly constrained (
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Guide/CSS/Media_queries), but
the IndieUI group is working on proposing many more:

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/IndieUI/raw-file/default/src/indie-ui-context.html

Cheers,

Jan

(MR) JAN RICHARDS

PROJECT MANAGER

INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)

OCAD UNIVERSITY

T 416 977 6000 x3957

F 416 977 9844

E jrichards@ocadu.ca
<jrichards@ocadu.ca?Subject=Re%3A%20AUWG%20Teleconference%20for%2017%20March%202014%20%28Boston%20time%20has%20changed%20-%20%20please%20re-check%20time%29&In-Reply-To=%3C0B1EB1C972BCB740B522ACBCD5F48DEB012E4B50AC%40ocadmail-maildb.ocad.ca%3E&References=%3C0B1EB1C972BCB740B522ACBCD5F48DEB012E4B50AC%40ocadmail-maildb.ocad.ca%3E>