RE: Mobile A11y Task Force Agenda April 4 - unusual instructions

The official line on Flash from Adobe is that it is best suited for video and gaming, and if you need to provide user interface controls or textual information that we recommend using native controls.  With that in mind, I suggest that going through the Flash techniques may not be the best use of your time.
AWK

From: Jonathan Avila [mailto:jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2014 12:12 PM
To: kim@redstartsystems.com; public-mobile-a11y-tf@w3.org
Cc: Andrew Kirkpatrick; Joshue O Connor; Kelly.Ford@microsoft.com; jimallan@tsbvi.edu
Subject: RE: Mobile A11y Task Force Agenda April 4 - unusual instructions

It would seem that Flash techniques may not be applicable to mobile as mobile specific platforms no longer provide Flash Player support and Flash Player accessibility was not supported on these platforms.  I know Windows Platforms like the windows 8.x on the Surface Pro would support Flash but this type of configuration is the exception as it's not a mobile specific platform.  It's not clear if Flash accessibility is supported on the Surface RT platform -- to my knowledge it's not.  My point being that I don't think need to go through the Flash techniques individually for mobile - perhaps we could make a general statement.  Perhaps Andrew can clarify any confusion that I may have.

Jonathan