FW: José González abstract

-----Original Message-----
From: José Carlos González [mailto:jgonzalez@dit.upm.es]
Sent: 01 October 2010 18:48
To: Richard Ishida
Cc: 'Encarna Pastor'; 'Luis Bellido'; 'Andrea Marchetti'; chaals@opera.com;
"'Cristina Valdés Rodríguez'"; 'Dan Tufis'; 'Jan Nelson';
Manuel.CARRASCO-BENITEZ@ec.europa.eu; 'Monica Monachini'; 'Nicoletta
Calzolari Zamorani'
Subject: Re: Urgent: About your talk at the MultilingualWeb workshop, Madrid

Dear Richard,

Sorry for the delay. I have had a very busy week, having been out of Spain
most of the time. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience. (I know that you
were really pressed to get this information.)

------
José C. González
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid & DAEDALUS, S.A.
Turning multilingual resources into applications: a market perspective

ABSTRACT: The talk will show how language resources and tools can evolve to
satisfy the present and future demands coming from clients across
industries. The line of argumentation will be supported by a experience of
13 years since the starting of a university spin-off around language
technologies.
------

I would suggest adding my affiliation to DAEDALUS, as well as UPM, as it is
relevant for the approach of the talk.

Have a nice week-end!

Jose

El 30/09/2010, a las 00:11, Richard Ishida escribió:

> Dear José Carlos,
>
> Thank you for your proposal to speak at the MultilingualWeb workshop in
Madrid in October.  The program committee is pleased to inform you that your
talk was accepted for the program.

> We have a strong program and we are looking forward to meeting you in
Madrid.

> We have scheduled your talk in the Machines session on 27 October.  It
will last 15 minutes. You can see an in-progress version of the program at
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/madrid/program (please keep
this confidential for now).

> URGENT:
> In order for us to publish the program on Monday we need a title for your
talk.  Could you please send it to me today or tomorrow as a high priority.
Thank you.

> PLEASE ALSO SEND THE FOLLOWING
> A couple of sentences summarising your talk (for the abstracts)
>
> Please also let us know whether you need to project from your own
computer. Otherwise we would prefer to load talks onto the workshop
projector in advance of your talk, to speed up the transitions from one talk
to another.  Please be prepared to test your projection at the beginning of
the break preceding your session, or before.

> SPEAKER GUIDELINES
> Because we have so many speakers, timing will be strict during the
workshop, so please ensure that your talk fits within the allocated time.
There will be some time for questions at the end of the session, and more
time at the end of the workshop.

> Talks should ideally identify the following with relation to your topic:
> 	1. existing best practices and/or standards that are relevant
> 	2. gaps that are not covered by best practices and/or standards
> 	3. new standards and best practices that are currently in
development

> Speakers are asked to focus on describing practical ways in which the
topic of their talk enables people to meet the challenges of the
multilingual Web, rather than to focus on technical details. Given the
diversity of topics at the workshop, speakers should also pitch their talk
at a level that will be understood by attendees who are unfamiliar with the
topic area.

> If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
>
> Best wishes,
> Richard.
>
> ============
> Richard Ishida