Re: A really micro schema language

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 20:28:49 +0000
To: David Lee <David.Lee@marklogic.com>
CC: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>, John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>, James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>, "public-microxml@w3.org" <public-microxml@w3.org>

On 16/01/2013 20:14, David Lee wrote:
> Curious as  to oppinions to the role of a MicroXML Schema language.
> To my understanding Schemas (can) serve multiple roles
> 1) Define a type system
Exchanging typed data makes sense to me. Doing it by reducing all the
data to text, and then sending the type information separately in
another document, to be matched up with the serialized instance by means
of a complex parsing process, doesn't make much sense at all. If you
want to send typed data, the type information should be embedded in the

Michael Kay