Re: The road ahead

On 25 September 2012 13:06, Stephen D Green <stephengreenubl@gmail.com> wrote:
> Aim towards a comparison of benchmarks for XML parsers v
> MicroXML parsers (both with MicroXML documents, of course)?
> In the hope that a by-product of simplicity could be improved
> performance and lower memory requirements? (Besides less
> pain for parser writers and users.)

To put things into a perspective, this is an example of some xml I see
now and again (the most recent being today):

<aa><![CDATA[1.12345]]></aa>
<bb><![CDATA[12312]]></bb>
<cc><![CDATA[0.345]]></cc>

...yep, every value is serialized in a cdata section.  This is usually
because it was constructed as a string and written to disk, and a lone
& or < caused a well-formedness error, and the quick-fix is to add the
cdata sections to the string construction.

Hopefully its this sort of thing microxml will help fix...

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com