Re: What to do about newlines in attribute values?

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 2:01 PM, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:

> On 14/09/2012 20:45, David Lee wrote:
>
>> The only use case I can think of is if you are post-processing
>> MicroXML to produce HTML, In which case these little issues go away
>> as your processing code can reformat things however HTML wants them,
>>

> But the issue (to me) is if we ban newlines in attributes then it makes
> it inconvenient to enter the original microxml.
>
> If I want to enter a microxml svg path I'd have to make sure my editor
> never wrapped it
>
> The fact that that restriction isn't in svg or html and so a post
> processor serialising to xml or html can later wrap it doesn't really
> help as the constraint is on _me_ at the authoring stage,

I agree. Banning newlines is an inconvenience at the editor's stage, and
we've been trying to help rather than hinder those authoring MicroXML.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com