From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc@nag.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 12:08 PM
To: public-microxml@w3.org
Subject: Re: What to do about newlines in attribute values?

On 14/09/2012 18:13, David Lee wrote:
> Maybe the story for Microxml based languages could "don't do that" ... e.g.

perhaps but it depends a bit on our HTML(5) story. HTML5 parsing includes svg (without explicit svg namespace) it just seems that saying attribute values have to be a single line is putting a constraint on authors to avoid an edge case that rarely causes problems in practice.

Do we really want to say that you shouldn't use microxml to author html documents such as the example document in the polyglot spec?

David