RE: What to do about newlines in attribute values?

Maybe the story for Microxml based languages could "don't do that" ... e.g.
Don't put language and other long expressions in attributes put them as element content.
Since we are not going to support XSLT or SVG out of the box (no namespacs) then either a translation has to be done or a new language invented which works with MicroXML
e.g
instead of
<if condition="100
Lines of XPath 3.0