Re: What to do about newlines in attribute values?

On 9/13/2012 8:21 AM, James Clark wrote:

> Attribute value normalization would probably get my vote for the
> ugliest thing in XML.

What would be the real, practical downside of not having this in
MicroXML? I still think it could be consistent with the stated goal of

MicroXML shall specify a data model and a mapping from the syntax to the
data model, which shall be substantially consistent with XML 1.0

depending on how substantial the inconsistency is

If a MicroXML parser provides attribute values with newlines where an
XML parser provides attribute values with spaces instead, who will suffer?

I suppose anybody tokenizing attribute values on space would have to
upgrade their processor to tokenize on space and newline?  How are tabs
treated, typically?

-Mike Sokolov