Re: Media types

On Tue, 2012-09-11 at 09:44 +0700, James Clark wrote:
> We should think about what our story is on media types? application/xml,
> application/microxml, application/microxml+xml, application/micro+xml?

application/xml and application/microxml are the only two that make a
lot of sense to me there.

application/foo+xml tends to be used for specific XML vocabularies.

A possibility might be to define a parameter, so,
application/xml;profile=micro;encoding=utf-8;vocab=docbook
but I'm not sure that's very practical. It depends how important XML
compatibility is to us.

W3C has a fast-track process for MIME media type registrations but only
for formats whose specification is on the (not so fast) W3C Rec track.

Liam

Co-author, 5th edition of "Beginning XML", Wrox, 2012.
Nothing ever succeeds as well as a fifth edition. Right?