Re: Processing instructions

On Thu, 2012-09-06 at 11:08 +0700, James Clark wrote:

> If PIs are not in the MicroXML data model, then that implies, in my view,
> that normal (non-markup sensitive) applications SHOULD NOT act on PIs.  But
> that is clearly not what we want. For example, we would want a browser to
> act on an xml-stylesheet PI.

I don't really see this as any different from wanting a browser to act
on commented-out JavaScript or CSS, and
 .. .
--></style>
is actually fairly common practice and works (the CSS is intepreted).

Whether that is good and clean is a question only in a world of
speculation (as T S Eliot might've said).

Liam

XML Past and XML Future are both contained in Root Element...