Re: Canonical MicroXML

From: Uche Ogbuji <uche@ogbuji.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 07:37:53 -0600
To: public-microxml@w3.org
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:26 AM, Stephen D Green

> Why / in what sense "unique"? I think I know what is meant
> but it could be taken the wrong way. Clearly two documents
> can have identical canonical versions and therefore neither
> be 'unique'.

But each c14n would be unique in respect to a particular transform.
 James's wording is clearly talking about the range, not the domain.  In
other words the output of a c14n transform is unique even though its inputs
need not be.  I'm not sure it would be clearer to use wording to the effect
that it's a many to one transform.

Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com