Re: The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on

On 19.11.2012 18:06, James Fuller wrote:

> I would rather handover to the WG the moment we start getting some
> kind of uptake with microxml, let the community at large push for WG
> approval/consideration by voting with their adoption versus some
> automatic reaction.

I agree that until the spec is more or less stable and proven by some
real usage we should keep it in CG. However XML Core WG will be
rechartered soon and now it is good time to easily slip MicroXML into
the XML Core WG charter. So if there is general consensus in the CG that
it will be worth to put MicroXML into REC track someday it would be
easier to say it now to have this possibility open by XML Core WG charter.

> So … perhaps we are putting the cart before the horse by considering
> WG escalation first, perhaps the next step is some kind of noise about
> microxml, how to use it, where to use it, tutorials, etc.

Indeed very good idea. Would be anyone interested in having something
like MicroXML workshop, BOF, or whatever during the XML Prague
pre-conference day (http://www.xmlprague.cz/pre-conference-friday/)?
There will be good fraction of XML community attending so this makes
sense to me.

    Jirka