Re: Error recovery

From: James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 09:51:06 +0700
To: Uche Ogbuji <uche@ogbuji.net>
Cc: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>, Michael Sokolov <sokolov@falutin.net>, liam@w3.org, "public-microxml (public-microxml@w3.org)" <public-microxml@w3.org>
> I agree.  I would expect some sort of mapping transform as well.  It would
> be good to develop a convention for such a thing, perhaps as a derivation
> of Ucode?  Could that be a useful micro-deliverable for this group?

There's a mapping defined here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part2-20030624/#namemap

But if you want a mapping that maps arbitrary strings to valid names
and the mapping must not lose information, then the mapping cannot leave
all valid names as is.  And if a mapping changes valid names, then it
shouldn't be done by the parser.  So I think such a mapping is better done
in a post-parsing process. This is easy to do if the parser leaves names as
is.

James