Re: Error recovery

On Sat, 2012-11-17 at 15:22 -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org> wrote:
[...]

> Nice, contrived example, but note my use of "likeliest."  I stand by my
> characterization.

Not as contrived as you might think.

> > Since MicroXML is/was aimed at Web usage, I think (b) the better choice,
> > *or* build-in to the parser a list of empty HTML elements and use (a)
> > for those and (b) for the rest.
> >

> I think it's fair to agree to disagree (for my part I agree with others who
> have repudiated the HTML5 insanity), and the most important thing is that
> the behavior is documented.

The HTML 5 "insanity" turns out to be about having a single error
recovery mechanism and documenting it, so from that point of view it's a
step up in terms of interop from per-parser documentation.

Of course, HTML 5 is saddled with the legacy of HTML and existing
content.

Maybe we should just agree to differ.

Best,

Liam