Re: Processing instructions

On 7/26/2012 8:42 AM, David Lee wrote:
>>> But cannot that be done without MicroXML ? Simply by sticking to a simpler
>> set of XML?
>>
>> That is one solution. I believe MicroXML could be a simpler alternative?
> Please explain, I dont get it.  How is learning a new spec easier then learning a "cheat sheet" of "Simple XML that does all you need".

It's the difference between a convention and a specification.  Maybe
everyone using SGML could have agreed to stop using all the complicated
features and it would have simply become XML by default.  I'm not sure
about that, but it seems possible.  However without the specification,
there is no *guarantee*.  The specification provides a means for
creating a compact between supplier and vendor so that everyone knows
what the rules are.  I think your "cheat sheet" just *is* the
specification by another name and without the formality.

-Mike