Re: Starting point

On 07/24/2012 09:51 AM, Mike Sokolov wrote:
> On 07/24/2012 09:43 AM, James Clark wrote:
>> How does what you are looking for differ from Canonical XML?
>>
>> James
>>
> At base the idea is similar, but the proposal here is to recommend
> that MicroXML parsers should reject (mark as ill-formed, report,
> handle as an exceptional case in some way) documents that are not in
> (some) canonical form.
Or - sorry for the hasty response - pesky work is calling - the
requirement that the data model incorporate differences that had
previously been regarded as insignificant.  Maybe Canonical XML does
this - I'm not intimately familiar with it.  Maybe it has not been
successful, and that is an indication that this proposal has similar legs.