Re: Error recovery

On 12/05/2012 05:28 PM, David Lee wrote:
>>> Liam sez
>>>
> I think the question is whether the parser must be capable of recognising nicely-formed µXML as such and marking it with some sort of Jolly Decent Actually (JDA) flag.
> <<<
>
> I believe the problem (that concerns me) is not the parser ... when we are talking data model,
> There is no necessity it came from a parser, let alone an uxml parser.
> Suppose I dynamically create a uxml data model instance from say Reflection of native objects,
> Or json , or a database ... whatever.   As both a implementer of a data model API, and the user of such, to me it seems a disaster to not know the behavior of API's or expressions if the data model is allowed to contain things not in uxml.

It sounds to me as if the discussion is about whether we have

EITHER

1) uxml datamodel with XML 1.0 constraints on names and characters
   and
2) "relaxed" uxml datamodel that loosens constraints on names and characters

OR

1) strict uxml datamodel with XML 1.0 constraints on names and characters
  and
2) uxml datamodel that loosens constraints on names and characters

Is that right?

-Mike