Re: Empty element tags

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Michael Sokolov <sokolov@falutin.net>wrote:

>>  I guess my ignorance is showing - I hope an outsider's perspective is
> useful, and not just gum in the works. I see that any name beginning "xml"
> is reserved by XML.  However, it doesn't seem necessary to do that in
> MicroXML unless there is some idea of maintaining compatibility in some
> sense with future revisions of XML as well.  I wonder which names in fact
> have been defined and might need special treatment?  David pointed out the
> need to forbid (or deal with) "xmlns". There has been discussion about
> xml:* attributes, and about the small set of named entities needed to
> escape markup.  Are there others?

I hate to say it, but the topic has been beaten to death in the archives.
 John and James have several times given the full list. it's: "xmlns",
"xmlns:*" and "xml:*" with a few additions if PIs are considered.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com