Re: xml:* attributes

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:

> On 16/08/2012 17:54, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
>
>      None of these refer to semantics.
>>

>> Yes! This is a key, key point that some have missed in discussion.
>>

> Not missed. Just disagree that that is a good thing.

Maybe not missed by you, but this has been muddles at some points in the
discussion. No matter, good to have it clearly stated.

> I would probably be against xml:id in anycase but the argument against it
> would be weakened if the datamodel were extended to support ID typing.
> Allowing syntax that was added to xml _specifically_ to support ID typing,
> but not to provide the same typing mechanism is just leading to confusion.

No. xml:id was not added to XML, at least not in any way that this
discussion precludes its addition to μXML.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com