Re: xml:* attributes

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@gmail.com>wrote:

> > No, but we have said the ìXML data model should be extensible by higher
> > layers, and I see no reason why an ID-aware layer couldn't take the
> > low-level ìXML data model and augment with IDs for the application.
>
> Yep - that pretty much describes any application that parses some xml
> into its own data model and treats some node as the unique id : )
>
> No need for xml:id at all.

I think the idea is that others (not the ìXML specmakers) can decide on
whether or not xml:id is needed. I think you've won in your battle to not
treat with xml:id nor any otehr xml:* attributes in the ìXML spec.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com