Re: xml:* attributes

On 16/08/2012 16:37, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> why an ID-aware layer couldn't take the low-level ìXML data model
> and augment with IDs for the application.

It seems to me that that has the layering backwards, you could not take
a micro-xml parser and layer on an xml:id processor

you would have to have separate micro-xml parsers or micro-xml + xml:id
parsers etc

in other words you would have the same kind of fragmentation of
different systems supporting different specs that has grown up around
the xml/xml+ns/xml+ns+xml:id specifications, and that a simple self
contained micro-xml spec was supposed to avoid.

In pure micor-xml, xml:id attributes should either work or should be
banned, and since no one appears to want to suggest that the data model
should include ID typing, that means banning.

If another specification needs micro-xml + xml:id it should extend the
language and the data model at the same time.

David